Painting: Progress on my Army  

Posted by Michael Hogan in , ,

While I wasn't able to finish up part 2 of my painting tutorial today, I'm hoping to get it down by tomorrow. As a filler post until then, to try to make up for my lack of posts, I'm going to be throwing some pictures of my newest WIP models. Neither of them are fantastic, but I'm pretty thrilled about my Inquisitor and a bit excited to paint up the Justicar. Anywho, let me get to the actual pictures.



Up first in the mighty Inquisitor Xethik. Finally boasting some color, he might be the best painting guy in my army thus far, but that isn't saying much. He often leads Grey Knights into battle, knowing of their strength and reliability in battle. He wears the Inquisitorial red colors and a coat as white as the snow of the planets he often scours for heresy. Wielding a bolt pistol and a power sword, he leads his men into battle while boasting psychic might.





I plan to, at some point, add a large red =I= to the back of his cloak. It will be tough, at least for me, so I'm going to wait until I have a lot of free time so I can plan and act carefully. I'm thinking of adding some gold to his bolt pistol, too, but I'll have to see how he evolves.

Now I have a Justicar I just set up. He is primed black, but that is it. I'm pretty excited to start painting him, but I already have 3 Justicars painted, so I'll have to replace one of them! Two of them are pretty low quality, so I won't mind. Anyways, here is the one necessary picture of this guy.

The weapon and backpack only look glossy because I just applied paint to them and they barely started drying. Anyways, this Justicar has a Nemesis Force Axe. I'll probably paint his weapon/eyes red and have his entire squad set up similarly, but I'm not sure if he will lead an Incinerator Squad or a Psycannon Squad. Only time will tell.

Anyways, I hope this was interesting to some of you out there. Hopefully, I will be getting part two of that tutorial up soon. Any criticism/concerns can go in the comments, as always.
Until next time,
Xethik

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at Tuesday, October 12, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

FIRST (sorry) and he should go in a incinerator squad, that ax cant be wasted sitting back wasting power batteries (?)

October 13, 2010 at 6:35 AM

Lovely! although same thing missing as on the grey knight imo ;) Your power weapons looks very crisp and gives a nice pop to the rest of the model.

A nice base and that model would look amassing!

best wishes Ras

October 18, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I'm actually looking forward to basing my models as I'm planning on doing that once I have finished painting them all, so it will be a bit of a celebratory basing party, heh.

I'm thinking some nice snow will tie in with the terrain I use very well and fit the Inquisitor's cloth colors.

October 18, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment