Rumors: Quick Updates; PAX East 2011  

Posted by Michael Hogan in , ,

(Used without permission)
Hey everyone, I received an email recently asking if I knew anymore about some of the Grey Knight special characters. Sadly, there isn't much, but I completely forgot to mention this earlier, so look for it below.
Also, I'm wondering if any one is heading to PAX East this year. Is there usually a large 40k crowd going to PAX? Anyone bringing their army with them? Anyways, special character info after the break.

Well, first let's go for Lord Draigo. There is actually a decent amount on him, but remember to take this with a grain of salt.

Lord Draigo: WS 7 BS 6 S 5 T 5 W 4 I 5 A 5 Ld 10 Sv 2+      Points - 275
Wargear: Titan Sword (S 10 vs Daemons and Psykers), Storm Shield, Frag and Krak Grenades, Psyk-out grenades
Special Rules: Lord of Titan (Allows you to take Paladins as troops), Psychic Mastery 2, Eternal Warrior
Powers: Hammerhand, Psychic Communion, Cleansing Flame
  • Amazing stat-line, but very costly. Strength 10 against Daemons and psykers isn't anything too exciting for me, but Paladins as troops is awesome if Grand Masters in general don't bring that upgrade. He has a decent power selection, with the Purifier power and Grand Master ones. I'm assuming he is an Independent Character, but he may not be. I really don't think he warrants a super-one man unit with that point cost, but I could be wrong.
Mordrack is looking like this:
Mordrack: WS 6 BS 6 S 4 T 4 W 4 I 5 A 4 Ld 10 Sv 2+        Points - 200
Allows you to take Ghost Terminators
Deeps Strikes first turn like a drop pod.
Has the ability to give out upgrades like a Grand Master

  • Tough to take this one with too much accuracy, as it is just a bunch of other rumors applied to one model. Also, having four wounds with only WS/BS 6 seems a bit odd, but I guess not everyone should have 7 or higher.
With Stern, it seems like he too has Eternal Warrior. I haven't found anything related to his stats and wargear, but I hope this is something for you guys.

To finish off this update, I want to once again ask you guys out there: any of you attending PAX East? I know I'm looking forward to going.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at Wednesday, February 09, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Weird isn't mordrak a psyker? It seems weird that even justicars are paupers but this grand master mordrak or whatever rank he is isn't a psyker

February 10, 2011 at 9:25 AM

typo I meant justicars are psykers

February 10, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I was thinking about going to PAX East but with Adepticon two weeks after it was going to be either or. Make sure you get loads of free tee-shirts!

February 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Sorry, I do believe Grand Master Mordrack is a psyker, but of unknown level. Probably 2, but he could be 3.

Perhaps the rumors are just incomplete so far, but does anyone find it odd that there is no Librarian special character? In most codices, they are the one of few Special Characters. Maybe they got sick of it...

February 10, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment