Grey Knights List: 2,000 pts Take Two!  

Posted by Michael Hogan in , ,

(Grey Knight Grand Master conversion I'm working on. Moving arms/hands I think)
Well, after reflecting on the list and slamming my head between what I want and what is under 4,000 points, I came up with yet another list. Big (and possibly only...) changes are dropping of the Grand Master and Land Raider for more Purifiers and Dreadnoughts. I also swapped the Purifier Rhino for a Razorback. I'll explain a bit more in just a moment. Here's the list.

Librarian
  Might, Shrouding, Sanctuary, 3 x Servo Skulls

10 Purifiers
  4xPsycannon, 5xHalberds, 1xDaemonHammer
  Razorback with Psybolt Ammo

10 Purifiers
  4xPsycannon, 5xHalberds, 1xDaemonHammer
  Razorback with Psybolt Ammo

10 Strike Squad Marines
  2xPsycannon
  Rhino

10 Strike Squad Marines
  2xPsycannon
  Rhino

5 Terminators
  4xHalberds, 1xDaemonhammer, Mastercraft Justicars Halberd

Dreadnought
  Two Twin-linked Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo

Dreadnought
  Two Twin-linked Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo

Dreadnought
  Two Twin-linked Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo

Not going to go too much into the details, but here is a quick rundown. Librarian goes with Terminators. Servoskulls allow for Deep Strike if preferred, but keeping Shrouding up around the middle of the force would be nice. Purifiers combat squad, 4 psycannons and Knight of Flame with Halberd in one squad, four halberds and Daemonhammer in the other. I would recommend not sticking Daemonhammers on Justicars and equivalents. If the squad Perils, the Justicar suffers and thus you would lose your one Daemonhammer. Master-crafting them would be nice, so it is a bit of a toss up. Close-combat Purifiers jump in Razor while the Psycannons move beside it, using it for cover. Strike Squads all sit in the Rhino like good boys and are mainly fire support, using Warp Quake if it is helpful. Terminators all have Halberds and a non-Justicar has the Daemonhammer. Master-crafted the Justicar's weapon out of lack of better ideas for point spending. Possibly pick up another psychic power on the Librarian... Dreadnoughts follow behind Razorbacks/Rhinos getting a 4+ cover save (3+ with Shrouding) and destroying enemy armour and tough infantry alike. I know all you 'Nid players love your Hive Guard, and the Dreadnought is pretty comparable. Sure, no shooting through cover, a bit more "one-shottable", and more expensive by a tad, but that range and twin-linked shots really helps.

Sorry for not being up to date. Exams are almost over, leaving me a lot more time for blogging. I do have a couple hobby updates I'll try to get up these next couple days. Criticize this list to the ground. It does have a bunch of weaknesses, but it seems like a lot of fun. I really couldn't deny Terminators, I just love those guys. No Land Raider is kind of a pain, but I think there are enough other threats to keep the Terminators where I need them and use them as a counter-assault unit, not a hammer to smash against the enemy.

Comments? Suggestions?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at Wednesday, May 04, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

3 scoring units could be rough, but I guess u could combat squad the strike units if needed. I love terms too, I'd probably be tempted to trim back on purifiers for another term squad. Then again I'm nuts, my 1850 list is draigo 3x 5man paladins, 10prf, 5gs, cld assassin and inqxenos hq, 11psycannons total using grand strat to make purifier scoring too

May 5, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment